Job Description: Deputy Political Director for Northern Nevada
Location Reno, NV
Overview: We are seeking a highly motivated, organized, and skilled political operative based in Northern Nevada to support the Nevada Political and Coalitions team. Candidates must have at least two cycles of campaign experience in the state, and be skilled in assembling a diverse coalition of stakeholders with a range of backgrounds and experiences in support of President Biden and Vice President Harris.
To apply, please email [email protected] with your name and the position in the subject line.
- Develop relationships with impactful grasstops leaders and their organizations
- Help manage the state Political & Coalitions Department
- Support the development and implementation of the campaign’s political and coalitions plan that includes stakeholder management, a coalition outreach program, and a surrogates program in Northern Nevada
- Manage and strengthen political relationships with allies, elected officials, county parties, and supporters
- Plan, craft, and recruit into the campaign’s key coalition groups for events, earned media, and paid communications opportunities
- Implement cross-departmental structures that integrate key constituency and stakeholder outreach with other departmental tactics to ensure culturally relevant pathways to increasing engagement
Preferred Skills & Qualifications
- Deep relationships with key stakeholders in state, including campaign work during at least two cycles of campaign experience
- Political experience in Nevada
- Experience building and managing coalitions to take meaningful action with the campaign
- At least 1 cycle of experience managing staff
- Strong understanding of culturally competent community organizing and demonstrated ability to work with grassroots community organizations
Due to FEC regulations, only U.S. citizens or U.S. green card holders are eligible to apply for this role.
Biden for President requires all employees to be “up to date” on COVID-19 vaccination status as prescribed by the CDC as a condition of employment, unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law. If you seek a reasonable accommodation in relation to the campaign’s COVID-19 policy, you should speak to the HR Department prior to reporting to an office location.
Biden for President is committed to diversity among its staff, and recognizes that its continued success requires the highest commitment to obtaining and retaining a diverse staff that provides the best quality services to supporters and constituents. The campaign is an equal opportunity employer and it is our policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to sex, race, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, economic status, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity or expression, ethnic identity or disability, or any other legally protected basis. The campaign is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities in the hiring process and on the job, as required by applicable law. The campaign will not tolerate any unlawful discrimination and any such conduct is strictly prohibited.
All information provided to Biden for President must be accurate and truthful. In the event that any information on your resume or related materials are found to be untruthful, the campaign reserves the right to disregard applications or take immediate disciplinary action, up to and including termination, and also reserves the right to take legal action for related damages.
Accessibility Note: We invite all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities. If you require any accommodation in the application process, you may request a reasonable accommodation.
Biden for President believes in the importance of privacy for all individuals and is committed to handling personal data responsibly and securely . This means being thoughtful about the data you share with us, how we use it, and how we protect it.