The 2024 Nevada Democratic Coordinated Campaign is seeking an experienced Out-of-State and Partnerships Director to lead out-of-state organizing efforts. We are looking for passionate, hardworking individuals who are committed to building the coordinated campaign working to elect President Biden, Vice President Harris, Sen. Jacky Rosen, and Democrats down the ticket.
This role will be based in Las Vegas and will require in person work.
Interested applicants should email their resumes to [email protected] with “OOS & Partnerships Director” in the subject line.
The OOS & Partnerships Director will be responsible for managing a team to lead all out-of-state organizing efforts, including partnerships with out-of-state grassroots groups and individuals. The OOS & Partnerships Director should be a skilled manager, creative thinker, and solutions-oriented.
Tasks & responsibilities, including but not limited to:
- Hire and manage a team of Partnerships Associates and OOS Organizing Associates to implement the Partnerships and OOS programs
- Develop and implement a creative organizing plan to build a community of OOS volunteers and develop buy in from OOS groups
- Create strategies and systems for staff to track and successfully meet metric benchmarks
- Work with Operations and other stakeholders to successfully bring OOS canvassers into the state at key moments of the campaign
- Collaborate with state leadership to implement new communications, messaging, and digital strategies to generate interest in OOS activists
- Keep your team focused and motivated in a high-stress, rigorous work schedule and environment
- Consistently meet stated deadlines and communicate with manager when challenges arise
Preferred background & experience:
- 2-3 cycles of organizing experience
- Staff management experience
- Experience creating volunteer community in a remote setting
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate clearly and effectively
- Commitment to active listening and collaboration with teammates
- Experience meeting deadlines, and the ability to manage many tasks simultaneously
- Strong communication skills and ability to communicate priorities, needs, and expectations to organizing staff and managers, both orally and in writing
- Desire to ask questions, receive constructive feedback, and grow as a professional
- Commitment to equity and inclusion in working with staff and volunteers
- Capacity and desire to work long hours in a campaign setting
- Proficiency with Votebuilder/VAN
- Access to a vehicle and a cellphone
Due to FEC regulations, only U.S. citizens or U.S. green card holders are eligible to apply for this role.
The Nevada State Democratic Party (NSDP) prohibits discrimination of employment, promotion, compensation, terms, conditions, or privileges of employment on the basis of gender, disability, race, age, national origin, color, creed, sexual orientation, sex (including marital and parental status), gender identity and expression, religion, economic status, ethnic identity, veteran’s status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. This policy covers all programs, services, policies, and procedures of the NSDP, including opportunity for employment and treatment as a NSDP employee.
The NSDP is an equal opportunity employer and will comply with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination in employment. NSDP’s equal opportunity policy covers all programs, services, policies, and procedures of the NSDP, including opportunity for employment and treatment as a NSDP employee, as well as opportunities for Consultants to contract with the NSDP.
The NSDP is committed to building a staff that reflects the diverse communities that make up our state and the Democratic Party. Working towards the goal of a diverse NSDP, our policy extends to both Staff and Consultants.