The 2024 Nevada Democratic Coordinated Campaign is seeking an experienced Paid Programs Director to lead paid programs on the coordinated campaign. We are looking for passionate, hardworking individuals who are committed to building the coordinated campaign working to elect President Biden, Vice President Harris, Sen. Jacky Rosen, and Democrats down the ticket.
This role will be based in Las Vegas and will require in person work.
Interested applicants should email their resumes to [email protected] with “Paid Programs Director” in the subject line.
The Paid Programs Director will be responsible for managing a team to lead paid programs run directly through the coordinated campaign, including programs focused on recruiting high school and higher education students to do voter contact. The Paid Programs Director should be a skilled manager, creative thinker, and solutions-oriented.
Tasks & responsibilities, including but not limited to:
- Hire and manage a team of Paid Program Managers to lead recruitment and oversee canvass launches at targeted regional offices
- Collaborate with Political team to develop sources of canvassers from within targeted communities
- Work with Operations team to fulfill operational needs of the programs, including hours tracking and canvasser payment, supply allocation, and other needs
- Develop systems with Data team to identify targeted voters, track progress to metric benchmarks for the program, and ensure data integrity in the programs
- In tandem with the Training team, ensure canvassers are trained and supported to have meaningful conversations with voters and enter their data
- Keep your team focused and motivated in a high-stress, rigorous work schedule and environment
- Consistently meet stated deadlines and communicate with manager when challenges arise
Preferred background & experience:
- 2-3 cycles of organizing experience
- Staff management experience
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate clearly and effectively
- Commitment to active listening and collaboration with teammates
- Experience meeting deadlines, and the ability to manage many tasks simultaneously
- Strong communication skills and ability to communicate priorities, needs, and expectations to organizing staff and managers, both orally and in writing
- Desire to ask questions, receive constructive feedback, and grow as a professional
- Commitment to equity and inclusion in working with staff and volunteers
- Capacity and desire to work long hours in a campaign setting
- Existing ties to Nevada a plus
- Experience with paid programs a plus
- Proficiency with Votebuilder/VAN
- Access to a vehicle and a cellphone
Due to FEC regulations, only U.S. citizens or U.S. green card holders are eligible to apply for this role.
The Nevada State Democratic Party (NSDP) prohibits discrimination of employment, promotion, compensation, terms, conditions, or privileges of employment on the basis of gender, disability, race, age, national origin, color, creed, sexual orientation, sex (including marital and parental status), gender identity and expression, religion, economic status, ethnic identity, veteran’s status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. This policy covers all programs, services, policies, and procedures of the NSDP, including opportunity for employment and treatment as a NSDP employee.
The NSDP is an equal opportunity employer and will comply with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination in employment. NSDP’s equal opportunity policy covers all programs, services, policies, and procedures of the NSDP, including opportunity for employment and treatment as a NSDP employee, as well as opportunities for Consultants to contract with the NSDP.
The NSDP is committed to building a staff that reflects the diverse communities that make up our state and the Democratic Party. Working towards the goal of a diverse NSDP, our policy extends to both Staff and Consultants.