Nevada Senate Democrats – Finance Director
The Nevada Senate Democratic Caucus (NSD) is seeking a Finance Director to oversee its fundraising operation for the 2024 election cycle. This is a senior staff position based out of Las Vegas, Nevada and will last through December of 2024.
Responsibilities- In coordination with the Executive Director:
- Oversee all finance operations for the NSD, its members, and candidates
- Create caucus, member, and candidate finance plans and budgets
- Create call-time materials and staff call-time with caucus members and candidates
- Develop and maintain relationships with institutional donors and PACs
- Identify and research new donors
- Conduct follow-up for solicitations of contributions
- Maintain accurate financial records for the NSD, its members, and candidates
- Plan and execute fundraisers for the NSD, its members, and candidates
- Oversee junior finance staff, campaign team members, and interns
- Other duties as assigned
Desired qualifications and skills:
- At least two cycles of political campaign experience with a finance background
- Experience managing call-time of a principal
- Experience with political finance plans and budgets
- Experience working with institutional donors and PAC representatives
- NGP, ActBlue, Excel, and Google Suite proficiency
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good time management skills and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Willing to work campaign hours, including nights and weekends
- Committed to details, results, meeting goals, and tracking/using data to inform decisions
- Positive attitude and an ability to approach problem solving with creativity
- Travel as required
- Nevada ties are a plus, but not required
This position reports directly to the Executive Director. The identified pay range for this position is between $6,000 and $8,000 per month plus health care, vision, and dental benefits.
The Nevada Senate Democratic Caucus (NSD) is committed to diversity among staff, and recognizes that continued success requires the highest commitment to obtaining and retaining a diverse staff that provides the best quality services to supporters and constituents. NSD is an equal opportunity employer and it is our policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to sex, race, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, physical or mental disability, personal appearance, marital status, family responsibilities, genetic information, or any other legally protected basis. NSD will not tolerate any unlawful discrimination and any such conduct is strictly prohibited.
Interested individuals should send a resume and cover letter detailing past experience to Greg Lademann at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your last name and “Finance Director” in the subject line. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis with an anticipated start date of October 1, 2023.