The Nevada State Democratic Party is seeking a highly motivated and detail-oriented Special Projects Manager as we head into the 2024 cycle. Desirable candidates should be committed to building and implementing systems needed to successfully execute our Delegate Election Meetings, State Convention, and other vital state party functions.
- Work closely with key party staff to implement the Delegate Selection Plan, including Delegate Election Meetings and the State Convention
- Manage recruitment and training of Temporary Chairs and other volunteers for Delegate Election Meetings in coordination with Political and Party Affairs team
- Collaborate with Operations team to ensure in-person Delegate Election Meetings locations are secured and technology for virtual meetings is in place
- Support the outreach and education plan and other communication with stakeholders as it relates to the implementation of the Delegate Selection Plan
- Collaborate with Data team to implement registration for Delegate Election Meetings
- Create processes to track National Delegate candidates for the State Convention
- Support key state party staff in creating agendas and programming for State Convention
- Coordinate State Convention logistics with Operations team
- Other duties as assigned
Skills & Qualifications:
- Minimum of 2 years in political, advocacy, and/or project management work is desired
- Exceptionally well organized with intense attention to detail and process
- Highly communicative with strong time management skills to meet competing deadlines
- Flexible, adaptable and solutions-oriented
- Knowledge of Google Suite tools
- A willingness to work in a fast-paced campaign environment with unpredictable hours
- Access to a cell phone and vehicle with a valid driver’s license
This role is full-time and based in Las Vegas. The ability to work remotely is not available. Salary range for this position is $5,000 – $6,000 a month depending on experience with employer-sponsored health, dental, and vision insurance.
Interested applicants should email their resume to [email protected] with the subject line “Job Application – Special Projects Manager.” Applicants are not required to submit a cover letter but should include a 2-4 sentence introduction of themselves and why they are interested in the role in the body of the email with their resume.
The Nevada State Democratic Party prohibits discrimination of employment, promotion, compensation, terms, conditions, or privileges of employment on the basis of gender, disability, race, age, national origin, color, creed, sexual orientation, sex (including marital and parental status), gender identity and expression, religion, economic status, ethnic identity, veteran’s status, genetic information or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. This policy covers all programs, services, policies, and procedures of the NVDems including opportunity for employment and treatment as a NVDems employee.
NVDems is an equal opportunity employer and will comply with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination in employment. NV Dem’s equal opportunity policy covers all programs, services, policies, and procedures of NV Dems, including opportunity for employment and treatment as a NVDems employee, as well as opportunities for Consultants to contract with NV Dems. NVDems is committed to building a staff that reflects the diverse communities that make up our state and the Democratic Party. Working towards the goal of a diverse NVDems, our policy extends to both Staff and Consultants.