The Nevada State Democratic Party is seeking a highly motivated and detail-oriented Operations Manager as we head into the 2024 cycle. Desirable candidates should be committed to building and implementing systems needed to successfully execute our Delegate Election Meetings, State Convention, and other vital state party operations. The Operations Manager will report to the Chief Operating Officer.
- Work closely with the Chief Operating Officer to manage the day-to-day operations and logistics of state party headquarters
- Manage securing locations and liability insurance for the 2024 Delegate Election Meetings and State Convention as part of the Delegate Selection Plan
- Manage resource allocation and distribution of materials and supplies, technology, and equipment needs for the Delegate Election Meetings, State Convention, and additional state party operations as necessary
- Provide support for components of staff onboarding trainings
- Provide support for accounting and reporting systems to ensure state party fundraising remains in compliance with state and federal regulations
- Provide operational support for other key state party functions such as our quarterly State Central Committee meetings
- Address operational/logistical issues and needs from staff in a timely manner
- Assist in other operational and administrative tasks as needed
Skills & Qualifications:
- Minimum of 2 years in political, advocacy, administrative work, and/or operations is desired
- Exceptionally well organized with intense attention to detail and process
- Highly communicative with strong time management skills to meet competing deadlines
- Flexible, adaptable and solutions-oriented
- Knowledge of Google suite tools
- A willingness to work in a fast-paced campaign environment with unpredictable hours
- Access to a cell phone and vehicle with a valid driver’s license
This role is full-time and based in Nevada. The ability to work remotely is not available. Salary range for this position is $5,500 – $6,000 a month depending on experience with employer-sponsored health, dental, and vision insurance.
Interested applicants should email their resume to [email protected] with the subject line “Job Application – Operations Manager.” Applicants are not required to submit a cover letter but should include a 2-4 sentence introduction of themselves and why they are interested in the role in the body of the email with their resume.
The Nevada State Democratic Party prohibits discrimination of employment, promotion, compensation, terms, conditions, or privileges of employment on the basis of gender, disability, race, age, national origin, color, creed, sexual orientation, sex (including marital and parental status), gender identity and expression, religion, economic status, ethnic identity, veteran’s status, genetic information or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. This policy covers all programs, services, policies, and procedures of the NVDems including opportunity for employment and treatment as a NVDems employee.
NVDems is an equal opportunity employer and will comply with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination in employment. NV Dem’s equal opportunity policy covers all programs, services, policies, and procedures of NV Dems, including opportunity for employment and treatment as a NVDems employee, as well as opportunities for Consultants to contract with NV Dems. NVDems is committed to building a staff that reflects the diverse communities that make up our state and the Democratic Party. Working towards the goal of a diverse NVDems, our policy extends to both Staff and Consultants.