Rosen for Nevada is seeking a dedicated and hardworking Deputy Press Secretary to join their fast-paced communications team. Responsibilities include drafting press releases and other materials; tracking incoming press requests; and assisting in the campaign’s overall communications strategy.
The ideal candidate will have excellent writing and communications skills, a strong work ethic, and enjoys working with a team. Nevada ties and experience working in a campaign or political setting is preferred.
- Work alongside Communications Director to execute communications strategy and tactics in battleground Senate race
- Draft written materials such as press releases, media advisories, remarks, and letters to the editor
- Maintain internal communications systems and operations, including tracking incoming press requests
- Build and maintain local, national, and constituency press lists
- Draft messaging guidance for campaign allies and surrogates
- Assist with other communications duties as needed
- One cycle of campaign experience or equivalent
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to multitask and meet tight deadlines
- Enjoys working toward and achieving ambitious goals
- Calm in stressful situations
- Capacity and willingness to work long hours during busy campaign moments
- Cultural competency and an understanding of how to take an inclusive lens into all aspects of work
Anticipated Start Date: ASAP
Employment Type: Full-time
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Salary: $4,500/month starting salary – commensurate with experience
Directions to apply:
Send your resume to [email protected] with “Job Application – Deputy Press Secretary” as the subject line.
Rosen for Nevada is committed to diversity among its staff and recognizes that its continued success requires the highest commitment to hiring and retaining a diverse staff that provides the best quality services to our mission. Rosen for Nevada is an equal opportunity employer, and it is our policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to sex, race, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, ethnic identity, disability, or any other legally protected basis.