Cresent Hardy’s campaign has begun airing a new ad that attempts to re-define Hardy’s right-wing record and run away from his support for the Trump agenda. Hardy’s ad paints a non-partisan picture that's starkly at odds with his partisan record and policy positions, including his lock-step support for Donald Trump.
Hardy’s Out-of-Step Record:
- When asked, Hardy did not name a single issue on which he disagrees with Trump.
- Hardy disclosed that he voted for Donald Trump in 2016.
- Of the bills Hardy co-sponsored in Congress, 95% were introduced by a Republican.
- Hardy voted multiple times against the Affordable Care Act
- Hardy supported cuts to Medicare and backed increasing the Social Security retirement age to 75.
- When asked if “children who suffer from severe mental illness should have access to guns without background checks,” Hardy said: “Absolutely, yes.”
Nevada State Democratic Party spokesperson Michael Soneff released the following statement:
“Cresent Hardy’s new ad is a pleasant fiction, but it badly misrepresents his radical record and unreasonable positions. Hardy has been a rubber-stamp for the Washington Republican agenda and would be a rubber-stamp for Donald Trump. At every turn, Hardy has sided with special interests against the needs of working Nevadans. Hardy is out-of-step, and unfit to represent this district.”