How do I vote?
- Sign it. Mail it. Drop it. Vote it.
- If you are using your vote by mail ballot, you must sign the back of the envelope!
- Vote by mail ballots are being sent to every active registered voter.
- You can mail your ballot through the USPS or take it to a drop off location.
- You can have your family member or friend deliver it to a mailbox or drop off locations.
- Make sure they deliver within 3 days and no later than November 3 at 7 p.m.
- Everyone who is registered can choose to vote in-person during early voting, October 17-October 30, or on Election Day, November 3 (you must be in line on Election Day by 7 p.m.). Find your polling or drop off location on iwillvote.com.
Where do I vote?
- Find your polling location at iwillvote.com.
Do I need identification to vote?
- Basically, NO.
- If you are a newly registered voter, who registered after October 15, or who is registering on the same day as you are voting, you will need to have a valid Nevada DMV ID.
- A license that expired after March 11 is valid through November 12, by order of the DMV.
- If you are a newly registered voter, who registered before October 6, and did not provide identification when registering, you will need to provide a valid photo identification.
- Valid identification includes those issued by a Nevada university or college, Nevada state or federal government agencies, and tribal identification, among others. Generally, it will be fine if it is valid and has your photo.
- If it has an address that is no longer accurate, you will need a utility bill, bank statement, paycheck stub, or other document that has your registered address on it.
Can I see a sample ballot?
- Yes. All voters should get a sample ballot in the mail by mid-October.
- Also, you can view a sample ballot online at your county’s election department website.
Can I get a ride to the polls?
Vote by mail is the safest, easiest way to vote this year. If you would like to vote in person and need a ride to your nearest polling location, call our hotline if you require assistance 888-525-VOTE (8683).