To view this information in spanish, click the button – Para ver esta información en español, haga clic en el botón
In February 2024, Nevada Democrats will begin our process to elect delegates to the Democratic National Convention. Delegates to the national convention play a critical role in our party – at the convention, delegates will determine the Democratic nominee for President and adopt the national party platform.
- Nevada will have 49 delegates at the national convention in 2024. Our Delegate Selection Plan outlines how those delegates will be determined.
NEXT STEPS: How can you participate? There are three important steps to be part of this process:
- Vote in the Presidential Preference Primary on Tuesday, February 6th, 2024. Any registered Nevada Democrat can participate by voting early, voting by mail, or voting on Primary Day.
- Afterwards, Democrats who voted in the Primary can participate in Assembly District Delegate Meetings on Saturday, April 13th, 2024 where attendees will elect delegates to the State Convention .
- Lastly, on Saturday, May 18th, 2024 the state party will host the State Convention where delegates will be elected for the national convention.
Please note, Delegate positions are competitive and taken very seriously. We encourage any one who is interested to run to be a delegate but it is important to know that it is a costly and time-consuming endeavor.
To see a more detailed plan on becoming a delegate or the DSP overview, click one of the buttons below.
Delegate Election Meetings
Delegate Election Meetings will be held in each of Nevada’s 42 Assembly Districts. In order to participate in the Delegate Selection Process you must attend your Assembly District Delegate Election Meeting. Find out which district you live in HERE.
Per the 2024 Delegate Selection Plan, final allocations for Delegates and Alternates that will be elected by each Assembly District to the State Convention can be found HERE.
Consider becoming a Temporary Chair or volunteering in another capacity for a Delegate Election Meeting. Fill out our interest form HERE.
State Convention Delegate Intent Forms
Below you can find intent forms to run for Delegate or Alternate to the NV Dems State Convention. More information about State Convention procedure and schedule will be available soon. To qualify as candidates you must have participated in the Presidential Preference Primary and reside in the Assembly District for the Delegate Election Meeting you are attending. Candidates must submit their Declaration of Candidacy by 10am on April 13th to qualify. You can submit your completed form to [email protected].
National Delegate Intent Forms
Below you can find intent forms to run for Delegate, Alternate and Standing Committee to the National Convention. More information about State Convention procedure and schedule will be available soon. To qualify as candidates you must have participated in the Presidential Preference Primary and have been elected as a Delegate to the State Convention at a Delegate Election Meeting. For District-Level Delegates, candidates must be registered to vote in that district. Candidates must submit their Declaration of Candidacy by 10am on May 17 to qualify. You can submit your completed form to [email protected].
- Tuesday, February 6, 2024 – Presidential Preference Primary
- Saturday, January 27th – Friday, February 2, 2024 – Early Voting
- Saturday, April 13, 2024 – Assembly District Delegate Election Meetings (DEMs)
- Saturday, May 18, 2024 – State Convention (In Las Vegas)
- Monday, August 19, 2024 to Thursday, August 22, 2024 – Democratic National Convention
- Nevada Democrats’ Delegate Selection (simplified)
- Delegate Election Meetings (DEMs) Overview
- Delegate Selection Presentation
- Delegate Cost Breakdown
- Approved 2024 Delegate Selection Plan
Please note that as we enter the planning and implementation phase for the Nevada State Democratic Party Delegate Selection Plan, more information will become available on this page.