2020 NEVADA CAUCUS JOB OPPORTUNITIES
Organizers will be responsible for various tasks focused on community engagement and capacity building. Organizers should be high energy, outgoing, enthusiastic, and willing to work long hours.Candidates with experience building coalitions among diverse groups of people and experience holding volunteers accountable are preferred. Organizers report directly to a Deputy Organizing Director.
Tasks & Responsibilities
Including, but not limited to:
- Recruit, train and manage fellows and volunteers to execute phone banking and door knocking
- Plan and manage direct voter contact events and volunteer trainings
- Strategically organize communities to recruit and train first time caucus goers and precinct captains
- Amplify message, recruit volunteers and create online communities of volunteers
- Help create a program that reflects assigned turf or region
Required Skills & Background
- Exceptionally well organized with the ability to meet strict deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate with people from different backgrounds
- Disciplined and solution-oriented approach to all tasks
- Must have access to a vehicle and a cell phone
- Commitment to volunteer training and increasing participation in the 2020 Caucus
Preferred Background & Experience
- Previous campaign experience
- Proficiency with Votebuilder/VAN
Diverse candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Follow this link to apply: https://goo.gl/forms/iey4EsK4N3ul04J72
The Nevada State Democratic Party fights for progress in the Silver State. We believe that we are stronger together than on our own, and that America succeeds when everyone gets a fair shot, everyone does their fair share, and everyone plays by the same rules.
We have internship positions with our Operations, Communications, and Research teams.
- As an Operations Intern, you will support with the daily operations of the organization. You might support executive scheduling and correspondence, help coordinate staff, track and manage spreadsheets, help plan quarterly events, draft and distribute monthly newsletters, increase donor recognition, field telephone calls, and be the first line of contact for office guests. You will manage supplies, track monthly budgets, and assist with major events and other tasks to support staff.
- As a Communications Intern, you will assist with all functions of the communications team. You will compile and distribute daily news clips; draft social media content, press releases, statements, and other written materials; plan earned media events; help the communications director respond to media requests; and other tasks as assigned.
- As a Research Intern, you will assist with research projects including, but not limited to: analysis of the impact of legislation and regulations; the legislative history of select figures; and campaign finance filings. You will have the opportunity to analyze the records of political/legislative events, and assist in the creations of record, and support other research and tracking tasks.
If you are interested in performing a combination of these roles, or if you would like to suggest a different role, please apply and indicate that in your cover letter. We accept internship applications year-round, but interns are selected on an as-needed basis.
- All internships require a minimum 6-8 week commitment with 10-15 hours per week, preferably spent in the office. Our regular office hours are Monday to Friday from 9:00 am to 5:30 pm. We also welcome longer-term interns.
- We allow interns flexibility and involvement in creating their schedules, but we expect interns to commit to it as they would a work schedule.
Interns and fellows will not be Nevada State Democratic Party employees. This internship is an unpaid volunteer opportunity. Instead, it will offer both access to educational and training opportunities.
To Apply For an Internship:
Submit the following materials to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Availability and position of interest
- Resume or curriculum vitae
- Preferred cover letter that includes your reason for applying, relevant experience (professional/volunteer), and career goals
The Nevada State Democratic Party (NSDP) prohibits discrimination of employment, promotion, compensation, terms, conditions, or privileges of employment on the basis of gender, disability, race, age, national origin, color, creed, sexual orientation, sex (including marital and parental status), gender identity and expression, religion, economic status, ethnic identity, veteran’s status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. This policy covers all programs, services, policies, and procedures of the NSDP, including opportunity for employment and treatment as a NSDP employee.
The NSDP is an equal opportunity employer and will comply with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination in employment. NSDP’s equal opportunity policy covers all programs, services, policies, and procedures of the NSDP, including opportunity for employment and treatment as a NSDP employee, as well as opportunities for Consultants to contract with the NSDP. The NSDP is committed to building a staff that reflects the diverse communities that make up our state and the Democratic Party. Working towards the goal of a diverse NSDP, our policy extends to both Staff and Consultants.