Organizers will be responsible for community engagement and capacity building. Organizers should be high energy, outgoing, enthusiastic, and willing to work long hours. Candidates with experience building coalitions among diverse groups of people and experience managing volunteers are preferred. Organizers report directly to a Regional Organizing Director.
Tasks & Responsibilities
Including, but not limited to:
- Recruit, train and manage fellows and volunteers and grow our volunteer organization
- Plan and manage direct voter contact events, voter registration events and volunteer trainings
- Strategically organize communities and engage first time volunteers and voters
- Amplify message, recruit volunteers and create online communities of volunteers
- Help create a program that reflects assigned organizing turf or region
Required Skills & Background
- Exceptionally well organized with the ability to meet strict deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate with people from different backgrounds to manage and supervise teams
- Disciplined and solution-oriented approach to all tasks
- Must have access to a vehicle, laptop and a cell phone
- Commitment to electing all Democrats on the ballot
Preferred Background & Experience
- Previous campaign experience
- Proficiency with Votebuilder/VAN
- Diverse candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
- NV Dems are currently working from home to reduce the spread of COVID-19. Accepted applicants should move to Nevada upon an offer and be ready to work in person when staff return to an office setting
How to apply: If interested in applying, please submit your resume with this form: https://forms.gle/RieEgKF4x8KAEZk49
Regional Field Directors are an integral part of the Nevada Coordinated Campaign’s management team. Regional Field Directors will be responsible for coaching and managing day-to-day work of a team of Organizers to hit data-driven organizing metrics. Regional Field Directors should be skilled managers, positive, solutions-oriented, willing to work long hours and capable of motivating a diverse team of Organizers. Candidates with experience developing accountability systems and using creativity to overcome organizing challenges are preferred. Regional Field Directors report directly to a Deputy Field Director.
Tasks & Responsibilities
Including, but not limited to:
- Develop regional strategies and systems that lead your team to successfully meet daily and weekly organizing metrics, as well as maintain data integrity
- Build and maintain political relationships with local leaders in your region to increase buy-in and trust in the Coordinated Campaign at large
- Work with state leadership to implement new communications, messaging, and digital strategies in your region
- Ensure that all Organizing staff in region are properly trained on the technical aspects of the job, and work with the Training team to fill the gaps and raise the floor of productivity
- Keep your team focused and motivated in a high-stress, rigorous work schedule and environment
- Exercise authority to effectively recommend employment actions for your Organizing team, including the authority to hire, assign, reward organizers, and responsibly direct their work and address grievances.
- Consistently meet stated deadlines and communicate with state leadership when challenges arise that will prevent you and/or your team from meeting your goals
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to effectively and clearly communicate with different types of stakeholders, from high level elected officials to grassroots activists
- Ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment with regard to managerial responsibilities
- Experience meeting deadlines, and the ability to manage many tasks simultaneously
- Strong communication skills and ability to communicate priorities, needs and expectations to organizers and managers
- Must have access to a vehicle and a cell phone
- Capacity and desire to work long hours in a campaign setting
Preferred Background & Experience
- Two cycles of organizing experience and one cycle of staff management experience
- Proficiency with Votebuilder/VAN
How to apply: If interested in applying, please submit your resume here.
The Nevada State Democratic Party is seeking a highly motivated Deputy Data and Analytics Director to support the Nevada Coordinated Campaign’s Data Department to help ensure Democratic victories across Nevada. The Nevada Coordinated Campaign is the umbrella organization under which the state party combines and focuses its resources for targeted races ensuring Nevadans elects Democrats up and down the ballot this November.
This is an election cycle position through November 15, 2020 and will report to the Coordinated Campaign Data Director.
Potential Tasks & Responsibilities (including, but not limited to):
- Create accurate, user-friendly reports, trackers, and maps for a broad audience
- Handle the acquisition of key datasets (i.e. early voting locations and polling places)
- Work together with the Data Director to run a comprehensive data program that informs strategic decisions
- Collaborate with the Organizing, Digital, and Voter Protection departments on key projects and programs
- Build target universes for different methods of voter contact and volunteer recruitment
- Help with VAN administration, maintenance, and user trainings
- Build data pipelines and integrations between tools and platforms
- Support other members of the data team to complete projects as necessary
- You are committed to spending the time between now and November defeating Donald Trump, and electing Nevada Democrats up and down the ticket
- You’re willing to take on the challenges of working remotely and adapting creatively in this unprecedented environment
- You are kind, collaborative, innovative, agile, detail-oriented, and value a diversity of viewpoints
- You have some experience with campaign work and VAN | Votebuilder — whether as a staffer, fellow, or volunteer
- You are comfortable with at least intermediate Excel/Google Sheets functions and formatting
- You are a mathematical thinker who also has strong written and verbal communication skills, and can explain technical concepts to a non-technical audience
- You have a desire to thrive in a fast-paced work environment and work with others to implement creative solutions to unique problems
- You’re ready for the tough fight ahead of us, and willing to work long hours, including nights and weekends
Additional Skills and Qualifications — if you have at least 2-3 of these, you might be a great fit:
- At least one full cycle of campaign work, preferably on an organizing team
- Advanced VAN | Votebuilder knowledge and administration experience
- Familiarity with SQL, or a willingness and drive to quickly learn it
- Experience with analyzing data to create reports and dashboards
- Training in Data Science and predictive analytics
- Fluency in digital media targeting, ads, or direct mail
- Comfortable managing ETL/data cleaning, data movement, data infrastructure and working with APIs
Diverse candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Follow this link to apply: https://forms.gle/5tMMbL3V4qeP6rHM6
The Nevada Dems are looking for fellows to start on September 7th and continue through election day, November 3rd. This is an excellent educational opportunity for those interested in learning more about politics and the inner workings of political campaigns. Positions are available throughout the state of Nevada as well as remotely.
Nevada is a swing state that has two competitive congressional races, CD3 and CD4, as well as being a swing state for the Presidential contest this year. Helping Joe Biden win Nevada ensures removing Donald Trump from office.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until September 8th.
Successful candidates will enjoy these benefits:
- A flexible work schedule of 10-20 hours a week
- Extensive networking and leadership development opportunities
- Training in skills applicable for an entry-level role in politics and many other office environments
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assisting with voter contact, including phone banking, digital organizing, and voter registration collection
- Helping HQ departments, such as Operations, Voter Protection, and Communications
- Assisting staff with long-term projects
Successful candidates will have:
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Proven organizational capability and keen attention to detail
- An ability to produce high quality work within tight deadlines
- Proficiency with Google Docs
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to successfully relate to voters and volunteers
- Possession of a cell phone and laptop.
This position is unpaid.
The Nevada State Democratic Party fights for progress in the Silver State. We believe that we are stronger together than on our own, and that America succeeds when everyone gets a fair shot, everyone does their fair share, and everyone plays by the same rules.
We have internship positions with our Operations, Communications, and Research teams.
- As an Operations Intern, you will support with the daily operations of the organization. You might support executive scheduling and correspondence, help coordinate staff, track and manage spreadsheets, help plan quarterly events, draft and distribute monthly newsletters, increase donor recognition, field telephone calls, and be the first line of contact for office guests. You will manage supplies, track monthly budgets, and assist with major events and other tasks to support staff.
- As a Communications Intern, you will assist with all functions of the communications team. You will compile and distribute daily news clips; draft social media content, press releases, statements, and other written materials; plan earned media events; help the communications director respond to media requests; and other tasks as assigned.
- As a Research Intern, you will assist with research projects including, but not limited to: analysis of the impact of legislation and regulations; the legislative history of select figures; and campaign finance filings. You will have the opportunity to analyze the records of political/legislative events, and assist in the creations of record, and support other research and tracking tasks.
If you are interested in performing a combination of these roles, or if you would like to suggest a different role, please apply and indicate that in your cover letter. We accept internship applications year-round, but interns are selected on an as-needed basis.
- All internships require a minimum 6-8 week commitment with 10-15 hours per week, preferably spent in the office. Our regular office hours are Monday to Friday from 9:00 am to 5:30 pm. We also welcome longer-term interns.
- We allow interns flexibility and involvement in creating their schedules, but we expect interns to commit to it as they would a work schedule.
Interns and fellows will not be Nevada State Democratic Party employees. This internship is an unpaid volunteer opportunity. Instead, it will offer both access to educational and training opportunities.
To Apply For an Internship:
Submit the following materials to [email protected]
- Availability and position of interest
- Resume or curriculum vitae
- Preferred cover letter that includes your reason for applying, relevant experience (professional/volunteer), and career goals
The Nevada State Democratic Party (NSDP) prohibits discrimination of employment, promotion, compensation, terms, conditions, or privileges of employment on the basis of gender, disability, race, age, national origin, color, creed, sexual orientation, sex (including marital and parental status), gender identity and expression, religion, economic status, ethnic identity, veteran’s status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. This policy covers all programs, services, policies, and procedures of the NSDP, including opportunity for employment and treatment as a NSDP employee.
The NSDP is an equal opportunity employer and will comply with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination in employment. NSDP’s equal opportunity policy covers all programs, services, policies, and procedures of the NSDP, including opportunity for employment and treatment as a NSDP employee, as well as opportunities for Consultants to contract with the NSDP. The NSDP is committed to building a staff that reflects the diverse communities that make up our state and the Democratic Party. Working towards the goal of a diverse NSDP, our policy extends to both Staff and Consultants.