The 2024 Nevada Democratic Coordinated Campaign is seeking Deputy Community Organizing Directors to lead a team of Regional Community Organizing Directors. We are looking for passionate, hardworking individuals who are committed to building the coordinated campaign working to elect President Biden, Vice President Harris, Sen. Jacky Rosen, and Democrats down the ticket.
These roles will be based in Nevada and will require in person work.
Interested applicants should email their resumes to [email protected] with “Deputy Community Organizing Director” in the subject line.
Deputy Community Organizing Directors will be responsible for coaching and managing a team of Regional Community Organizing Directors to implement the in-state volunteer mobilization program in their assigned regions. Deputy Community Organizing Directors should be creative thinkers, solutions-oriented, and capable of motivating a diverse staff.
Tasks & responsibilities, including but not limited to:
- Hire and manage a team of Regional Community Organizing Directors
- Coach Regionals to effectively manage their teams to successfully implement the organizing plan in their regions
- Ensure staff are trained and have the skills to be successful in their roles in collaboration with Training team
- Create strategies and systems to lead teams to successfully meet metric benchmarks
- Support the Community Organizing Director to create programs and write plans to smoothly implement them in regions
- Keep your team focused and motivated in a high-stress, rigorous work schedule and environment
- Consistently meet stated deadlines and communicate with manager when challenges arise
Preferred background & experience:
- 2-3 cycles of organizing experience
- At least one cycle of staff management experience
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate clearly and effectively
- Commitment to active listening and collaboration with teammates
- Experience meeting deadlines, and the ability to manage many tasks simultaneously
- Strong communication skills and ability to communicate priorities, needs, and expectations to organizing staff and managers, both orally and in writing
- Desire to ask questions, receive constructive feedback, and grow as a professional
- Commitment to equity and inclusion in working with staff and volunteers
- Capacity and desire to work long hours in a campaign setting
- Nevada ties a plus
- Proficiency with Votebuilder/VAN
- Access to a vehicle and a cellphone
Due to FEC regulations, only U.S. citizens or U.S. green card holders are eligible to apply for this role.
The Nevada State Democratic Party (NSDP) prohibits discrimination of employment, promotion, compensation, terms, conditions, or privileges of employment on the basis of gender, disability, race, age, national origin, color, creed, sexual orientation, sex (including marital and parental status), gender identity and expression, religion, economic status, ethnic identity, veteran’s status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. This policy covers all programs, services, policies, and procedures of the NSDP, including opportunity for employment and treatment as a NSDP employee.
The NSDP is an equal opportunity employer and will comply with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination in employment. NSDP’s equal opportunity policy covers all programs, services, policies, and procedures of the NSDP, including opportunity for employment and treatment as a NSDP employee, as well as opportunities for Consultants to contract with the NSDP.
The NSDP is committed to building a staff that reflects the diverse communities that make up our state and the Democratic Party. Working towards the goal of a diverse NSDP, our policy extends to both Staff and Consultants.