Summer Fellowship (Paid)
The Nevada State Democratic Party is seeking to hire top-quality summer organizing fellows to join our “Resistance Summer” program. This paid fellowship program requires 20-25 hours of work each week and involves executing a plan to recruit volunteers and engage Nevada Democrats.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Building and managing volunteer canvasses and phone banks
- Volunteer recruitment
- Planning and managing training events
- Voter registration
- Identifying volunteers to take on precinct leadership roles
- Training volunteers one-on-one and in groups
- Outreach to key constituency groups, Democratic clubs and organizations
- Experience working for or volunteering on political campaigns
- Enthusiasm for Democratic politics
- Maintaining a positive attitude
- Great time management and organizational skills
- Ability to train and instruct volunteers
- Excellent listening skills and ability to communicate effectively both in writing and verbally
- Strong organizational, management, and interpersonal skills
- Experience in setting and achieving measurable targets, managing teams, and coordinating between multiple stakeholders
- Ability to handle multiple priority projects and meet established timelines
- Enjoys working with varied members of the general public
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
Interested individuals should send a resume to email@example.com and fill out the fellowship application at https://goo.gl/forms/ZslsimyrnpzVt2Xh1
DEADLINE: Applications will be considered on a rolling basis. Final submissions are due Sunday, June 18.
Equal Opportunity/Diversity Policy
The Nevada State Democratic Party (NSDP) prohibits discrimination of employment, promotion, compensation, terms, conditions, or privileges of employment on the basis of gender, disability, race, age, national origin, color, creed, sexual orientation, sex (including marital and parental status), gender identity and expression, religion, economic status, ethnic identity, veteran’s status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. This policy covers all programs, services, policies, and procedures of the NSDP, including opportunity for employment and treatment as a NSDP employee. The NSDP is an equal opportunity employer and will comply with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination in employment.
NSDP’s equal opportunity policy covers all programs, services, policies, and procedures of the NSDP, including opportunity for employment and treatment as a NSDP employee, as well as opportunities for Consultants to contract with the NSDP.
The NSDP is committed to building a staff that reflects the diverse communities that makeup our state and the Democratic Party. Working towards the goal of a diverse NSDP, our policy extends to both Staff and Consultants.